Traffic Specialist (Posted 3/22/22)
Stephens Media Group
Redding, CA 96002
Salary $15 – $20 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Paid time off
Full Job Description
ꞏ The Traffic Specialist is responsible for commercial production scheduling for the Stephens Media Group cluster in the Redding California market area. The cluster includes KALF, KNRO, KQMS, KRDG, KRRX, KSHA, and KWLZ. The Traffic Specialist works with the Business Manager to ensure proper invoicing of all clients.
ꞏ Maintains an accurate “tickler file” system to assist sales and production teams with keeping track of production needed.
ꞏ Works closely with the Production Director in scheduling and tracking cart numbers, ensuring scheduled commercial production.
ꞏ Writes commercial production orders for National Accounts/ABS and Network spots as needed
ꞏ Prepares and organizes barter affidavits.
ꞏ Develops and maintains close working relationships with Sales and Programming departments regarding clients and orders.
ꞏ Follows daily traffic procedures—entering orders, printing confirmations, scheduling logs, building and messaging logs, sending logs to programming system, managing bumped spots, make-goods, filing orders, etc.
ꞏ Assists A/R staff with organizing and preparing monthly billing reports including, but not limited to, standard broadcast calendar and co-op billing, typing scripts, stuffing envelopes, etc.
ꞏ Assists Business Manager, Sales Manager, and General Manager with various tasks as requested.
ꞏ Represents company at various station functions when needed.
ꞏ Contributes to team efforts to achieve market goals and objectives.
ꞏ Performs other duties as assigned.
ꞏ Excellent computer skills and familiarity with traffic systems and with business software, such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.
ꞏ Excellent interpersonal skills.
ꞏ Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
ꞏ Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
ꞏ Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
ꞏ Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
ꞏ High school diploma or GED. Bachelors or associate degree preferred, but not required.
ꞏ Minimum of three (3) years of business experience.
Account Executive (Posted 8/19/21)
Stephens Media Group
Location: Redding, CA
If you’re not outgoing do not apply! If you are and want to make $$ please apply!
Stephens Media Group is a privately-owned company that uses the power of radio and digital advertising to generate revenue for local businesses. We do this by communicating the right message, to the right audiences, so businesses can start seeing new Ideal Customers right away.
We are looking for a skilled Account Executive to find business opportunities and manage customer relationships. You’ll be directly responsible for the preservation and expansion of our customer base. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales and experience in radio and/or digital advertising with exceptional customer service. The right candidate is a reliable professional able to achieve a balance between customer orientation and a results-driven approach. The goal is to find opportunities and turn them into long-term profitable relationships based on trust and mutual satisfaction.
- Create detailed business strategies to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking & prospecting in order to develop into long term partnerships
- Present products & capabilities to prospective clients
- Provide professional post-sales support to enhance customer devotion
- Remain in frequent contact with clients in order to uncover their additional needs
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues aiming toward customer contentment and the preservation of the company’s reputation
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- High School Diploma
- BS or BA in business administration, sales or marketing, preferred but not required
Here are the 7 must have qualities we look for in every Account Executive:
- Extremely competitive
- Deep need to get others to see things from his/her perspective
- A tenacity to open up new opportunities daily
- High self-esteem that doesn’t take rejection personally
- A willingness to use the telephone to set up face-to-face meetings
- The desire to creatively communicate (we will teach you how!)
- Cares as much about team success as individual success
As an Account Executive for radio and digital, you will be selling advertising for Stephens Media
Group: The company owns the following radio stations in the Redding/Chico CA area:
KALF-FM 95.7 The Wolf New Country
KRDG-FM 105.3 Classic Hits
KRRX-FM 106.1FM 5.7FM Redding’s Rock
KWLZ-FM 99.3 WiLD Today’s Hottest Music
KNRO-FM 103.9 & 1400AM Fox Sports Radio
KQMS-AM 1670AM, 105.7FM and 104.9FM News Talk
KSHA-FM 104.3 K_Shasta Today’s Hits and Yesterday’s Favorites
Stephens Media Group currently owns 74 radio stations in Oklahoma, Louisiana, New York, Washington, Oregon & California and sells digital advertising in 15 different markets across the country. Our corporate headquarters is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $3,000.00 – $4,000.00 per month
The company is abiding by all state, local, and CDC-recommended guidelines and requirements.