There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Home Damaged After Hot Spark Ignites Garbage Can

An East Redding home was damaged by a fire that ignited far after its cause began. Redding Fire Department was called at around 12:30AM Sunday morning to 1788 Cedarwood Drive. By the time firefighters arrived, one of the residents had already extinguished the flames with a garden hose. Apparently someone had been welding in the driveway Saturday evening and a hot object dropped into the garbage can. It smoldered until after the residents had gone to bed, as the plastic garbage can became consumed in flames, it spread to the wood siding on the front of the house, and also damaged a car in the driveway. A surveillance camera helped investigators determine the cause. Damage is estimated at more than $15,000.